Table of Contents
- Voting Process
- Director Responsibilities
- Election Process
- Notice of intent to conduct a vote by electronic or written ballot in lieu of a meeting
- HFVOA Board of Director Election Rules
We need at least 20% of our membership (lot owners) to submit a ballot to make the election of Board Directors valid.
Contact Information – By mail, email, or phone to:
HFVOA 2020 Director Election – Attention: Election Project Leader
- Telephone: leave voice mail (503) 693-8787
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 5500 NE Farmcrest St. Hillsboro, OR 97124
The general responsibilities of the Board of Directors and Officers are defined in Articles 4 and 5 of the HFVOA Bylaws. The 2016-2017 Board of Directors created a more detailed explanation of the roles and responsibilities of officers and committees. These explanations are current as of June 8, 2017.
Download a PDF of the HFVOA Board of Directors, Officers, Members Roles and Responsibilities
- Each lot is allocated one election ballot. Owners will have up to 4 votes per lot.
- Lot owners cannot vote for an individual candidate more than once
- Lot owners can submit a “write-in” candidate
- No individual candidate needs to get the votes of the majority of the lot owners
- The winners are the 4 candidates with the highest vote totals and last year’s 2-year term winner.
- If a lot owner votes using a paper ballot, it must be returned in the provided envelope. The envelope must be sealed and marked BALLOT.
Notice of intent to conduct a vote by electronic or written ballot in lieu of a meeting
To All Property Owners:
Notice is hereby given to you as a member of Hawthorn Farm Village Owners’ Association that the Board of Directors, pursuant to ORS 94.647, intends to conduct a vote by written ballot in lieu of a meeting. Specifically,
- The 2020 Directors election will be conducted by secret electronic or paper ballot in lieu of being conducted at an HFVOA membership meeting.
- In the same voting, an amendment to the HFVOA governing documents is offered for approval by the Association’s membership (lot owners).
Voting Documents Distribution
- For electronic ballot voting, go to our HFVOA web site for a link to vote (beginning TBD)
- For paper ballot voting, it will be mailed to your most current mailing address on record with the HFVOA Secretary.
NOTE: If you have an address change, please act immediately to inform the HFVOA Secretary (write or email).
HFVOA Board of Director Election Rules
- Each Lot is allocated 1 election ballot, with 4 votes per ballot.
- You cannot vote for an individual candidate more than once.
- No individual candidate needs to get the votes of a majority of lot owners.
- The winners are simply the four candidates with the highest vote totals.
- A write-in candidate must be a lot owner in Hawthorn Farm Village
- 4 Directors are to be elected.
- The highest ‘vote getter’ fills the 2-year term position.
- The 3 others fill the one-year term positions.
- Please vote for four (4) individuals for the HFVOA Board.
- Or, you can vote for only 1 or 2 or 3 candidates.